Thursday, September 6, 2012

No-bake Nursing Support Cookies

 I've tried a bunch of different Lactation Cookie recipes, and this is one that I have put together.  It's super easy and super yummy!



2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup ground flax
1/4 cup brewer's yeast
1 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup chocolate chips - I like to use the mini ones.  They're cute.  :)
1 1/4 cup Sunbutter - Sometimes I use coconut butter.  We are a peanut free house, but peanut butter would be good, too.
1/2 cup honey

Mix the "dry" ingredients together first.   Stir the honey and Sunbutter together. (I mix them together, then put them in a glass bowl and set them into a bigger bowl of hot water to warm them up so they mix in better.)  The honey needs to be mixed in really well, or you hit super sweet honey "pockets" when you're eating this! Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix.

Roll into balls. (I make mine about an inch around.)  They are kind of hard to mix and form, so I usually rub coconut oil on my hands, and mix with my hands.  It's fun.

Chill.   I like to throw half the batch into the freezer, and keep the other half in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I had trouble with my first child and only nursed for 6 months but with my next I am hoping to go longer than that. These will help when that time comes!

    ReplyDelete